SPEND £250 + GET FREE DELIVERY
FREE PERSONALISED MESSAGE
Add to basket
Pale gold in color with a fine mousse, the wine is extremely aromatic on the nose. On the palate, it is quite dry and shows great finesse and complexity. Pinot Noir gives the wine richness and a long finish while Chardonnay, from the finest soils of the Côte des Blancs, adds delicacy, liveliness and freshness. Pinot Meunier, mainly from the Marne Valley, gives the wine an appealing fruitiness.
The connoisseur will be able to appreciate the fruity notes and all the delicate aromas which are not masked by sugar. It is a real achievement to be able to offer such a wine, as only perfect wines can be presented pure in the natural state.
International Wine Challenge 2011 - Gold Medal Winner !!
Pinot Noir (45%), Chardonnay (30%) and Pinot Meunier (25%).
The origin of the crus gives a good idea of the quality of the wines by their restrictive selection:
Pinot Noir: Aÿ, Mareuil-sur-Aÿ, Louvois, Bouzy, Tours-sur-Marne, Verzy, Rilly.
Chardonnay : Cramant, Mesnil-sur-Oger, Cuis, Vertus & Rilly.
Pinot Meunier : Venteuil, Cerseuil, St Martin d'Ablois, Chavot.
The Ayala-blend has an extremely high average rating of 93% on the "échelle des crus" scale. 80% of this cuvée is made out of the 2004 vintage; the remaining 20% are reserve wines (Pinot Noir and Chardonnay).
More than 2½ years on the lees
Rests in the cellar for 2 to 3 months after disgorgement
ABV - 12.5%
Dosage - 0 g/l (absolutely no sugar added!)
Pairing with food:
Ideal as an aperitif, it will pair perfectly with sea food, caviar, scallops, lobster, crab, salmon. Sushis and Asian food are also a very good pairing.
Cheeses: Soft and mouldy cheeses such as Boursault, Coulommiers, Chaource, Brie, Brillat-Savarin.
Desserts: Major parings include crumble with red berries or figs, almond paste, frangipane pastries such as the French "galette des rois".
"Exactly the same blend as the Brut Majeur, but with zero dosage. Quite aromatic, with a tight, herby nose. The fresh palate is crisp and lemony with fresh acidity. Very bright and intense with a savoury freshness. Tending towards the austere with even a hint of saltiness. This would work well with seafood and sushi."