SPEND £250 + GET FREE DELIVERY
FREE PERSONALISED MESSAGE
Add to basket
"Belle Epoque Rosé 2007 is a delicate, rich & voluptuous wine part of the prestige collection of Perrier-Jouët."
Hervé Deschamps, Cellar Master
A robe of pale Rosé with hints of orange and a very lively mousse.
In the mouth the attack is lively and fresh, yet rounded. The palate is intense, generous and powerful, yet delicate, with purity of fruit, great finesse and a long, lingering finish.
The Perfect Setting:
This intriguing cuvée can be served between 10° and 12°C, either as an aperitif or with food. It matches beautifully with flavours ranging from game birds such as goose or pigeon to desserts such as fruit charlotte, or red berry pavlova.
Cuvée Belle Epoque Rosé 2007:
The Belle Epoque Rosé 2007 is an exceptional cuvee from the prestige collection of Perrier-Jouët. Crafted only in remarkable vintages, this wine is the fruit of an astonishing year marked by a very mild winter and an exceptional spring.
The temperatures in April, worthy of a summer month, caused the vines to flower early. Although the summer got off to a rainy start with low temperatures for the time of year, the sun's return in August allowed the grapes to ripen fully, leading to an early harvest and an especially generous vintage.
Hervé Deschamps has hand-crafted this wine to achieve the perfect balance between the generous characteristics of the 2006 vintage and the consistency of the Perrier-Jouët house style. With grapes sourced from the best terroirs in Cramant, Avize and Le Mesnil, the Chardonnays (45%) bring elegance and floral freshness to the blend. Generous and rounded, the 2007 vintage combines the elegance of the Chardonnay with the rounded aromas of red fruits from the Pinot Meuniers from Dizy (5%) and the richness of the Pinot Noirs (50%) from Mailly, Aÿ, Verzy and Rilly, including Pinot Noir red wines (11%) from Vertus and Vincelles that give the cuvée its subtle and pure Rosé hue.
With six years ageing in the cellars and a dosage of 8 grams per litre this assemblage has developed into a delicate, yet intense, rich and voluptuous wine; this is a cuvée that provokes thoughtful contemplation to appreciate each nuance.
For over two centuries, Maison Perrier-Jouet has continually pursued its quest for quality. 1811 is not just a legendary vintage, it is also the year that Nicolas Perrier, the son of winegrower, Adèle Jouët, the daughter of a family of wine merchants, went on to create a major champagne House. The combination of tradition, "terroir", know-how, and a love of work created a champagne with elegance and finess.
Lying in the heart of the champagne region, Perrier-Jouet owns 65 hectares rating 99.2% on the quality scale (100% being the optimum). This means that each vineyard parcels is classified almost exclusively as Grand Cru.
The Chardonnay grape, floral and almost feminine in its elegance and finesse, is the signature variety of Perrier-Jouet's vineyards, with a strong showing of mature vines (23 years old on average). The holdings take in a homogenous terroir of Chardonnay vineyards some 40 hectares in area within the legendary Grands Crus of Cramant and Avize. Two parcels enjoy almost mythical status - Bourrons Leroy and Bourrons du Midi.
From its early days, the House of Perrier-Jouet has made champagne in small quantities with a "limited edition" approach. Like master craftsmen handing down the secrets of their trade from father to son, the seven Chefs de Cave over two centuries have placed quality before quantity.
They have also managed to conserve the House's historical treasures in the shape of its early vintages, such as the Perrier-Jouet 1825, the oldest left in Champagne today. Hervé Deschamps, the current Cellar Master and guardian of this heritage, is a natural upholder of this creative philosophy.